Sidmouth Raiders Under-14s in cup goal fest!
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Raiders Under-14s made a flying start to their Exeter and District Youth League KO Cup campaign with a 14-3 success over Chudleigh.
In a one-sided affair the opening goal was created by Ben Latham who delivered a superb cross for Jake Jones to open the scoring.
A sweet left-foot pass from Scott Gibson set up Jones for his second, but the visitors were next to threaten and only a fine save from Isaac James stopped them opening their account.
Further first half goals came from James, Finlay Morgan and new signing Jacob Spencer and, at the break, Raiders led 9-0.
In the second half the goals continued to flow with Cole Monaghan and Oli Jones amongst the scorers.
You may also want to watch:
Late on Chudleigh hit back with three goals, but by then the game was safely secured by Raiders who, on this sort of form, will have a fine season.
Coaches Tony West and Trevor Lorkin will be delighted with the way their young charges performed in this game.
- 1 Family trip to seaside ends in dramatic rescue from rip tide
- 2 Saved from the bin! Charity shop staff hunt for mistaken items
- 3 Sidmouth defeat Boringdon in national competition
- 4 'No further action' after 11 deaths at Sidford care home
- 5 Rugby youngsters finish season with five tries
- 6 Tim Martin of Wetherspoons wants government to offer visas to EU workers to help out in pubs
- 7 New youth project will help young people's voices to be heard
- 8 Old Fore Street pedestrian zone will be open for bicycles to use
- 9 Communities encouraged to apply for rural building funds
- 10 Plans to pedestrianise Sidmouth town centre put forward
Jake Jones was named the Raiders Man of the Match.