Sidmouth Raiders Under-14s in cup goal fest!
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Raiders Under-14s made a flying start to their Exeter and District Youth League KO Cup campaign with a 14-3 success over Chudleigh.
In a one-sided affair the opening goal was created by Ben Latham who delivered a superb cross for Jake Jones to open the scoring.
A sweet left-foot pass from Scott Gibson set up Jones for his second, but the visitors were next to threaten and only a fine save from Isaac James stopped them opening their account.
Further first half goals came from James, Finlay Morgan and new signing Jacob Spencer and, at the break, Raiders led 9-0.
In the second half the goals continued to flow with Cole Monaghan and Oli Jones amongst the scorers.
You may also want to watch:
Late on Chudleigh hit back with three goals, but by then the game was safely secured by Raiders who, on this sort of form, will have a fine season.
Coaches Tony West and Trevor Lorkin will be delighted with the way their young charges performed in this game.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 6 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 7 Festival will bring a much-needed boost to the town
- 8 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 9 Run for donkeys in the world’s biggest marathon
- 10 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
Jake Jones was named the Raiders Man of the Match.