Sidmouth Raiders Under-14s win well at Tiverton
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Raiders Under-14s were great value for their 4-2 at the only side to sit below them in the Division Two table, Twyford Gladiators.
Each one of the Raiders players on duty contributed to a fine all-round effort,
Raiders made a bright start with pace and purpose clear for all to see. It was no surprise when the lively Miles Lewis fired them ahead.
With the pace of Owen Baldwin on the right wing a feature, the only surprise was that raiders did not add to their lead before the home side evened things up.
However, Lewis struck again, calmly rounding the home goalkeeper, to send Raiders into the break with a 2-1 lead.
You may also want to watch:
The second half saw Raiders enjoy even greater dominance and move the ball around the pitch with growing confidence.
When a free-kick was awarded some distance fro goal, Josh O’Connor stepped forward and arrowed the set piece into the home net! Soon after another free-kick was awarded in a similar place and once again O’Connor set the ball up before rifling a tremendous shot beyond the gloves man!
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 5 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 8 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 9 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 10 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
Twyford did net a second late on, but by then Raiders had the game well and truly in their pocket!