Sidmouth Raiders Unsder-13s hit Knights for five
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Raiders Under-13s powered their way to a convincing 5-0 win over Beacon Knights with Jack Wilson taking the scoring honours, scoring a hat-trick.
The opening goal owed much to the approach play involving Scot Gibson and Archie Rowe prior to Cole Monaghan tucking the ball home.
The Exeter side responded well, but found the Raiders defence, and in particular Louis Stamp, in fine form.
On the odd occasions that the Raiders defence was breached goalkeeper Isaac James once again showed good handling and distribution.
The lead was doubled when the fleet-footed Jamie Wyant chipped the ball forward and Wilson ran on to net the first of his treble.
You may also want to watch:
Wilson bagged his second from a Ben Latham corner and completed his hat-trick when he got on the end of a long ball from Finlay Morgan.
It was young Monaghan who netted the fifth and final goal when he took a pin-point pass from Will Lorkin before firing the ball home.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 5 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 6 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 7 Festival will bring a much-needed boost to the town
- 8 East Devon's new homes debate divides residents' opinions
- 9 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
On Saturday (Janaury 25) Raiders entertain the only unbeaten side in Divison Three, Newton St Cyres.