Sidmouth Ravens and Hawks enjoy experience of league netball
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Under-11 Ravens and Under-12 Hawks were in action at the new education campus at Cranbrook for the latest round of matches in the Exeter and East Devon Junior Netball league, writes Louise Hastie.
Hawks started with a particularly difficult game against an established West Exe team, but the girls showed great determination from the first whistle.
A high level of interceptions and close marking by Maddie Whitfield helped Hawks gain the majority of possession and with excellent feeding into the shooters by Tara Darlami and some accurate shooting from Amy Scott and Maddie Neilson they came out comfortable victors with a 7-1 win.
This performance was comfortably the best to date this season from the team.
Hawks second game of the day was against Honiton, which was not as slick as the game against West Exe. Play was scrappy, but they dug deep to secure a 4-0 win to finish the day unbeaten.
You may also want to watch:
Ravens play a different format of netball, high five, which keeps them on their toes as they have to rotate positions after every half game.
With Mollie Perram as shooter in the first game they proved too strong for their opposition, TTNC Athena, and came aware comfortable winners in a low scoring game where Emma Alman shone with some great defensive work.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 4 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 5 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 6 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 7 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 8 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 9 Young gardeners enjoy seeing the early fruits of their labour
- 10 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
Their second game was against a more experienced West Exe team, they fought well to keep the score close, but the West Exe shooting abilities proved too strong and the game finished 6-3 to West Exe.