Sidmouth RC duo complete Cornish run
- Credit: Archant
There has been lately a tradition of turning up at the wrong locations for the Wednesday runs, writes Terry Bewes.
But the Ball family have taken this to a whole new level mistakenly heading for Crackington Haven.
By a strange coincidence they met their son there running the Crackington to Tintagel leg of the coast path as part of Bristol Southmead Care Unit coast path marathon.
So donning the Mighty Green, Jon joined his son Geoff to complete the 19k in just under three hours.
This was an excellent time given that there was over 3500feet of climb on this section.
You may also want to watch:
The support team of wife Penny and daughter Caroline brought much needed liquid refreshment and food from Tintagel for lunch at Ladies Window.
It was a wonderful run at this time of the year with the spring flowers, butterflies and the oh so blue sea.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 5 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 8 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 9 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
The Southmead ITU group will be running Exmouth to Sidmouth on June 29, and Sidmouth to Seaton on June 30.
How about donning your Mighty Green and joining them?