Sidmouth RC mother-and-daughter duo complete ‘Race for Life’
- Credit: Archant
It is now seven months since American mother and daughter Lara and Yasmin Millmow took up running and joined the club, writes Terry Bewes
Now they set off to Exeter to complete their first 5k and for such a good cause: to raise money for cancer research.
It may have been overcast, but the hundreds of pink shirts shone brightly during the Race for Life at Westpoint.
The course was a mixture of grass and tarmac and everyone went at their own pace, whether running, jogging or walking.
They mostly ran with a few periods of walking to experience the atmosphere ultimately finishing in 34:29.
You may also want to watch:
In American speak: “Not too shabby for a Sunday morning, considering.”
Pink was definitely the colour of the day, as by the end of the race Lara’s face was the same colour as her shirt.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 6 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 7 Run for donkeys in the world’s biggest marathon
- 8 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 9 Festival will bring a much-needed boost to the town
- 10 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
Having now set a baseline time, they are looking forward to signing up for their next 5k in the autumn, this time in their Mighty Green.
The final word comes from Lara who says: “It felt good completing the course, and doing our bit to help beat cancer.”
Well done, ladies, good job!