Sidmouth RC pair complete Devon Coast Challenge Marathons
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Running Club duo Jo Earlam and Sarah Watkins did two of the three days of The Devon Coast Challenge marathons, writes Hamish Spence.
This is a very tough competition, but rewards the runners with scenic and spectacular views along the South West Coastal Path.
The second Saturday of May saw both ladies complete the Braunton Burrows to Combe Martin section, climbing a total of 4,000 feet in seven-and-a-half hours.
The following day the pair were joined by new club member and first time marathon runner Paul Williamson, (Paul joined the beginners group in January this year).
All three completed the Combe Martin to Porlock section together with around 6,000 feet of elevation gain finishing in just over eight hours.
You may also want to watch:
The weather was perfect, the event was incredibly well organised, they all had an amazing time.
Although it was physically exacting, mentally Jo felt it was energising and restoring.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat