Sidmouth RC’s Kirsteen Welch sets new PB for the Half Marathon
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Running Club’s Kirsteen Welch took part in The Gloucester Half Marathon that was held on the penultimate Sunday of January, writes Hamish Spence.
This was only the second half marathon that Kirsteen has taken part in, so she was very happy with her performance, and especially with her time which saw her finish in 1:24:18, giving her a new personal best time by over three minutes!
The first half of the race Kirsteen was ahead and keeping pace with a small group of men, then the lady who came second overall, overtook at around mile six! Digging in really deep, Kirsteen managed to keep up with her over the next five miles.
Leaving it to the last two miles, Kirsteen kicked it up a gear and overtook her.
Not only that, but managed to overtake the small group of men and kept the sprint going.
You may also want to watch:
What’s more, she didn’t look back, just kept up the fast pace, all the way through to the finish line.
With a great trophy awarded for crossing the line as the first lady, she feels inspired to get her half marathon time to the sub 80 minutes and feels that her training is really paying off. Keep it up, Kirsteen.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 5 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 6 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 7 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival