Sidmouth RC’s Kirsteen Welch sets new PB for the Half Marathon
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Running Club’s Kirsteen Welch took part in The Gloucester Half Marathon that was held on the penultimate Sunday of January, writes Hamish Spence.
This was only the second half marathon that Kirsteen has taken part in, so she was very happy with her performance, and especially with her time which saw her finish in 1:24:18, giving her a new personal best time by over three minutes!
The first half of the race Kirsteen was ahead and keeping pace with a small group of men, then the lady who came second overall, overtook at around mile six! Digging in really deep, Kirsteen managed to keep up with her over the next five miles.
Leaving it to the last two miles, Kirsteen kicked it up a gear and overtook her.
Not only that, but managed to overtake the small group of men and kept the sprint going.
You may also want to watch:
What’s more, she didn’t look back, just kept up the fast pace, all the way through to the finish line.
With a great trophy awarded for crossing the line as the first lady, she feels inspired to get her half marathon time to the sub 80 minutes and feels that her training is really paying off. Keep it up, Kirsteen.
- 1 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 6 The annual Marriott Trophy at Sidmouth Town Football Club
- 7 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 The questions of British Lions selection
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution