Sidmouth RCs Kirsteen Welch is first lady at The Stur Half meeting
- Credit: Archant
Kirsteen Welch took part in The Stur Half, an event organised by The Dorset Doddlers and sponsored by Honeybuns the gluten free bakery.
It started at 10.30am from Station Road in Sturminster Newon, and followed a hilly route along the roads of the town and the surrounding area.
With six water stations Kirsteen had some great practice on how not to drink water while still running!
Kirsteen is, of course, a superb runner and she crossed the line in a time of 1:24:56 to take the first lady home prize.
Meanwhile, due to a large event being held at Powderham Castle, Greenbow Running Club decided to hold a one-off time trial instead of the usual Straight Eight race.
You may also want to watch:
The normal route was used starting from Starcross and finishing at Exeter Quay using the footpaths along the Exe Estuary, Exeter Canal and the River Exe.
Antony Hall finished second, beating his previous years time by two minutes in a time of 50:50 while Kat Hall also knocked two minutes from her previous time, crossing the line in 1:16 for a 14th place finish.
- 1 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 The annual Marriott Trophy at Sidmouth Town Football Club
- 5 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 6 The questions of British Lions selection
- 7 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 8 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution