Sidmouth RCs Kirsteen Welch is first lady at The Stur Half meeting
- Credit: Archant
Kirsteen Welch took part in The Stur Half, an event organised by The Dorset Doddlers and sponsored by Honeybuns the gluten free bakery.
It started at 10.30am from Station Road in Sturminster Newon, and followed a hilly route along the roads of the town and the surrounding area.
With six water stations Kirsteen had some great practice on how not to drink water while still running!
Kirsteen is, of course, a superb runner and she crossed the line in a time of 1:24:56 to take the first lady home prize.
Meanwhile, due to a large event being held at Powderham Castle, Greenbow Running Club decided to hold a one-off time trial instead of the usual Straight Eight race.
You may also want to watch:
The normal route was used starting from Starcross and finishing at Exeter Quay using the footpaths along the Exe Estuary, Exeter Canal and the River Exe.
Antony Hall finished second, beating his previous years time by two minutes in a time of 50:50 while Kat Hall also knocked two minutes from her previous time, crossing the line in 1:16 for a 14th place finish.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 5 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 6 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 7 Youngsters invited to join in Fairtrade Fortnight competition
- 8 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 9 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 10 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank