Sidmouth RFC forced into oppositon change for Saturday home pre-season game
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth RFC have been forced into a change of opposition for Saturday’s (August 24) Blackmore pre-season action.
The Chiefs were originally set to host Wellington at 1st and 2nd XV level in two matches, but the Somerset side pulled out at short notice. Withycombe have stepped into the breach and Withy will provide 1st XV oppositon for the Chiefs in a match that kicks off at 2.30pm.
Sidmouth launch a new season, and begin life in the Tribute South West One after last season's promotion with a September 7 match at Cleve.
The first home game of the new league campaign will be at the Blackmore on September 14 when the Chiefs will entertain Crediton.
The season ends with an April 18 home game against Cleve. A new season of youth rugby gets underway at Sidmouth RFC on Sunday, September 8, at the club's Sidford pitches.
You may also want to watch:
The coming season will once again see the Chiefs fielding teams from Under-7 right through the various age groups up to U16s.
For more information on contact details and age groups, visit their excellent website at www.sidmouthrugby.co.uk
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 8 Run for donkeys in the world’s biggest marathon
- 9 Festival will bring a much-needed boost to the town
- 10 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17