Sidmouth RFC set to embrace Rugby World Cup
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Sidmouth RFC are staging plenty of events around the forthcoming Rugby World Cup.
In one innovative idea the club will be serving up dishes linked to the televised match that day – all the matches are to be shown on a big screen TV in the clubhouse.
The opening match on Friday, September 18, will see a Primary Schools Tag Rugby competition from 4pm to 6pm and then, from 6.0pm a Fijian curry is being served prior to the England v Fiji match on the TV.
When England play Wales on Saturday, September 26, there’s youth rugby followed by a Welsh Lamb hot pot and then the showing of the game on the big screen.
The match-by-match event continue through to the final which is scheduled for Saturday, October 31 when a mini beer festival is being held together with numerous other events at the club.
You may also want to watch:
To keep up top speed with al the club are offering throughout the World Cup visit their website at www.sidmouthrfc.co.uk
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 6 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 7 Run for donkeys in the world’s biggest marathon
- 8 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 9 Festival will bring a much-needed boost to the town
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival