Sidmouth RFC to stage a full weekend of special events
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Rugby Club have moved quickly in response to the Rugby Football Union (RFU) announcing a further step in the road to the resumption of rugby.
The RFU issued a press release late last week that advised club that, from Tuesday 1 September, they are able to start limited and restricted contact rugby training and organise inter-club non-contact fixtures.
As a result, the Chiefs have announced a big weekend of rugby activities for next weekend from Friday September 11 to Sunday September 13.
A busy weekend for the club is launched on Friday (September 11) with ‘Senior’s Fun’ all getting underway from 7pm and including a social gathering, games and a barbecue, all taking place at the club’s Blackmore home.
On Saturday (September 12), again at the Blackmore, with a 1pm start, it’s ‘Pitch Up and Play’ which is set to be a ‘tough rugby’ event complete with barbecue and, in attendance will be coaches from the colts and junior sections.
You may also want to watch:
On Sunday (September 13) there’s a 9.30am start for ‘Junior Rugby’ at the club’s Sidford base. On the same day, but back at the Blackmore from 2pm, it’s ‘Girls Training’.
A busy weekend will be rounded off with a showing on the big screen TV in the Blackmore clubhouse of the Exeter Chiefs versus Saracens match which kicks-off at 4.30pm.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 9 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 10 New team on frontline for mental health care and support