Sidmouth RFC youngetsr Sam Cavin gets England call
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth RFC teenager Sam Cavin has been called up to join the South West England Academy.
The news comes after Cavin was part of the Rugby Premiership Academy Tournament at Harrow School where he was playing in the colours of |Exeter Chiefs.
England selectors were present at Harrow and taking notes and videoing the action and Cavin clearly caught the eye.
The 15-year-old now faces a two-day overnight camp. One fly in the ointment was the fact that the teenager is currently deep into his GCSE’s, taking them a year early, and so could not attend the South West camp.
However, the selectors have switched him to the South West camp which is held when there are no exams!
You may also want to watch:
The Colyton Grammar School, student had been playing rugby at Sidmouth since he was five and, to date, the most influential, coach he has had the pleasure of working with was also his first coach, the late Richard Sawbridge.
- 1 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 6 The annual Marriott Trophy at Sidmouth Town Football Club
- 7 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 8 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 9 The questions of British Lions selection
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution