Sidmouth Ritchie Cup joy for Ros Eaton
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth ladies contested the Ritchie Cup last Friday, writes Maria Clapp.
This cup was presented to the ladies section in 1974 by Josie Ritchie. This is a stableford competition for ladies over a certain age!
The winner was Ros Eaton with 38 points and the runner-up was Penny Lyne with 37 points – this certainly represents another close result!
On Wednesday we played the Daily Mail Foursomes Qualifier. This is an onward competition where the ladies play in pairs.
The winners were Anne Blackler and Mo Kendall with 36 points.
You may also want to watch:
The runners-up were Penny Lyne and Margaret Thompson with 34 points.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 6 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 7 Run for donkeys in the world’s biggest marathon
- 8 Festival will bring a much-needed boost to the town
- 9 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 10 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17