Sidmouth Rose Basket win for Jane Renken
- Credit: Archant
On Wednesday, Sidmouth ladies played the third round of the Rose Bowl and Rose Basket competition, writes Maria Clapp.
A club stableford was run in conjunction with these competitions.
There were some very good scores achieved today. The winner of the Rose Bowl was our lady captain, Sheila Faulkner, with a score of 35 points.
Second place went to Maria Clapp with 33 points.
The winner of the Rose Basket was Jane Renken with 37 points with second place going to Mo Borer with her score of 35 points.
You may also want to watch:
The club Stableford was therefore won by Jane Renken, with Mo Borer in second place, edging Sheila Faulkner into third place on countback.
There was just the one two recorded and that was scored by Andrea Milton, who won the pot of money. The pot was a little sparse as Andrea shared the pot last week!
- 1 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 2 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 3 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 9 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 10 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
The weather forecast had not been not brilliant for meeting, especially those in action in the morning. Although, saying that, we were quite lucky, getting a little wet, but not too bad – and we were once again able to marvel at the early daffodils adorning the course.