Sidmouth Rose Bowl success for Angela Coles
- Credit: Archant
On Wednesday Sidmouth ladies played the sixth and last round of the Rose Bowl and Rose Basket competition, writes Maria Clapp.
If players wanted to improve on their overall score, then this was the last chance to do so!
Each player has the opportunity to play in six rounds. They then choose the best four scores for their final result in the Rose Bowl and Rose Basket Competitions.
This week, Sheila Tallon came first in the Rose Bowl with 34 points.
Maria Clapp was second with 32 points. Sheila and Maria were the first pair out. Not that this had anything to do with their results, as the day and temperature improved as the morning went on.
You may also want to watch:
The Rose Basket in round six was won by Marian Andrews with 31 points. Rosemary Walker was second with 28 points.
The weather was slightly chilly, but the sun was shining. Everybody said what a lovely day it was for this time of the year. Hopefully these days will continue for the 2018 season!
- 1 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 2 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 3 'I feel that front line workers should be vaccinated as soon as possible'
- 4 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 5 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 6 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 7 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 8 'We are passionate about involving young people in planning'
- 9 How the Beeching Report signalled the end of the line for many local railways
- 10 Tar Barrel Night paintings will help keep the event rolling
Now that the six rounds have been played, we have the overall winners of the Rose Bowl and Rose Basket competitions.
The winner of the Rose Bowl was Angela Coles with our lady captain Sheila Faulkner coming second.
This result could have gone either way, as they both totalled 128 points after four rounds.
Therefore, their last round is taken into consideration for the result.
Unfortunately, for Sheila, Angela had a better last round! The Rose Basket was won by Penny Lyne with Susan Hackett being the runner-up.
Their prizes will be presented at the prize giving at the end of the season.
A club competition is run in conjunction with the Rose Bowl and Rose Basket. First place went to Sheila Tallon with 34 points.
In second place was Maria Clapp with 32 points on countback from Angela Coles who also had 32 points. Nobody achieved a two today, so the pot of money will roll over to next week!
Several ladies managed to achieve a three. One of note was Sheila Tallon, who chipped in from below the 11th, straight into the hole! I witnessed this super shot. I also managed a long put to achieve a three! High fives were in order!
The course was playing very well for the time of year. It is in great condition and thanks go to our green staff.