Sidmouth Rose Bowl success for Maria Clapp
- Credit: Archant
On Wednesday Sidmouth ladies played the second round of the Rose Bowl and Basket competitions.
The Rose Bowl is for players under 65 while the Basket is contested by players over 65.
The weather was quite kind, although we did have a shower halfway around the course.
At 11am the hooter sounded and we all ceased play, for the two minutes silence.
A stableford competition was run in conjunction with this competition.
You may also want to watch:
The Rose Bowl was won by Maria Clapp with an exceptional score of 40 points.
This was a non-qualifier and had it been a qualifier then Maria would have had her handicap cut! Hard luck, Maria!
- 1 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 2 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 3 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 4 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 5 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 8 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 9 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 10 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
In second place was Sheila Tallon with 33 points, which could easily have been a winning score on another week!
The Rose Basket was won by Susan Hackett with 26 points and second place went to lady captain Margaret Deuce with 25 points.
The stableford competition was won by Maria Clapp.
The runner-up was Sheila Tallon and third place went to Jane Renkin.
There were no twos scored across the day.