Sidmouth Rose Bowl success for Marie Timms
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth ladies played their fourth round of the Rose Bowl/Basket competition, writes Angela Coles.
The ladies were lucky again with the weather and shirt sleeves were the order of the day!
The course is playing well for us; as was evident in that the good-scoring Marie Timms won the Rose Basket competition with a magnificent score of 43 points!
The runner-up was Susan Hackett with 39 points. The winner in the Rose Bowl competition was Andrea Milton with 36 points on countback from Jane Renken who also had 36 points.
The club stableford competition was won by Marie Timms in second place was Susan Hackett on countback from Mandy Furniss who scored 39 points.
You may also want to watch:
There were two twos, scored by Marie Timms and Anne Blackler. After such a lovely day of golf the ladies were on good form for their annual Christmas Dinner the following day.
This was a fun evening enjoyed by all and thanks must go to Kerry and her team for the lovely meal, the committee, for their hard work and Ann Willoughby for making the Christmas cake which was raffled on the evening. The lucky winner was our treasurer Ros Eaton!
- 1 The annual Marriott Trophy at Sidmouth Town Football Club
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 4 The questions of British Lions selection
- 5 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 6 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 7 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 10 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
On Wednesday we played a Joker stableford competition. You nominated one hole on the front nine and one on the back nine as your joker and you doubled your points. Maria Clapp chose her joker holes wisely as she won the competition with 45 points, scoring six points on both her joker holes.
Marie Timms was in second place with 40 points. What’s more, her round included a hole-in-one. What a shame that hole was not her joker hole! Well done, Marie a magnificent achievement!
In third place was Mandy Furniss with 39 points on countback from Jane Renken chose her joker holes wisely as she managed to score six points on both. There were five twos scored on the day by Angela Coles, Ros Eaton, Liz Chance, Linda Reynolds and Anne Blackler.