Sidmouth Rugby Club’s Girls’s Rugby Fun Day is a roaring success
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Rugby Club’s Girls’s Rugby Fun Day was a total success with large numbers of girls drawn to the event.
Over 80 girls with ages that varied from six to 16 attended the event from all over Devon with some even venturing from Dorset.
The Rugby Football Union (RFU) provided expert coaching to the girls and there was an RFU kicking on hand to provide some useful kicking tips to the older girls.
There were sufficient numbers in the Under-15 and Under-13 age groups for them to be split into a number of squads that went on to some tackling games developed by the RFU, game such as breakout, bulldog and kicking tennis.
Meanwhile the Under-11 age groups were also very well supported with over 20 girls attending and they took part in the likes of bulldog and tag rugby as well as taking part in warm-up sessions alongside the older girls.
You may also want to watch:
One of the Sidmouth RFC organisers said: “We were lucky to have brilliant sunshine and all the girls had great fun learning new skills and finished the day with games of rugby.
“We are also delighted to be able to say that the day found us some new players and it also cemented relationships with other local clubs. All in all it was a huge success from start to finish.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 8 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients