Sidmouth Rugby Club set to return to action
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Rugby Club begin their preparations for the coming season with a players meeting at the Sidford pavilion next Tuesday (July 1) at 7pm, writes Terry O’Brien.
Any new players will be made very welcome.
New Head Coach Mark Beavis will set out his plans for training, which starts on the following Tuesday (July 8) on the new Prettejohn Field pitch at Sidford. Training will continue thereafter each Tuesday and Thursday.
Beavis is a former Newton Abbot player, who made his name as a coach at Paignton.
He took the Cherries through two promotions and to a Devon Cup final in his time there.
You may also want to watch:
He is a cousin of Sidmouth centre Tristan Beavis, who will be assisting with the backs coaching.
Additional forwards coaching will be provided by former Exeter and Torquay flanker Phil Bye, who has assisted Beavis in the past. Dan Retter remains as club captain.
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 3 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 4 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 5 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 6 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 7 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
Three warm-up matches have been arranged.
The first is on Thursday, August 14 when Exeter Saracens visit, before a Saturday, August 23 trip to Cullompton and that is followed by a Saturday August 30 visit from Withycombe.