Sidmouth rugby player Rebecca Fallows gets Devon Under-15s call-up
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth RFC girl’s section sent four players to the Devon county trials.
Rebecca Fallows, Emily Cozens, Esme Bagwell and Cleo Turley all went to Newton Abbot for the day.
They were joined by approximately 50 girls from all over Devon and, what was clear for all to see, is how the girls rugby has grown in stature over the last couple of years.
The girl’s were put into teams in their chosen positions, where they completed three games with a selector on side for each position watching carefully.
The standard and skills shown by these girls was incredibly high and places were fought for.
You may also want to watch:
The Sidmouth girls performed brilliantly once overcoming their nerves, and it all ended with Rebecca Fallows being selected to join the Devon squad for this season’s matches.
The other three Sidmouth girls have been invited to attend the county development days over the course of the season, with ambitions to get in to the squad next year.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 3 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 4 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 5 Football in support of mental health
- 6 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 7 Ottery St Mary Silver Band 'Centenary+1' fundraiser launched
- 8 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 9 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 10 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
Girl’s rugby continues to grow at Sidmouth RFC, with currently over 30 girls in the Under-13 and Under-15 sections. They train and play matches on Sunday afternoons at Sidford and welcome anyone who would like to try the sport is asked, in the first instance, to contact girls co-odinator Julie Tanner on firstname.lastname@example.org