Sidmouth runner conquers the Totally Muddy 10k
- Credit: Archant
Weekend Mighty Green Mudlarker, Derek Blackburn, took part in the Totally Muddy 10k, writes Hamish Spence.
The 2020 version of the event certainly lived up to its name!
The Totally Muddy 5k and 10k took place in Ashcombe Forrest.
The 5k race set off first just before the 10k which guaranteed that the paths were very wet, muddy and churned up.
The 10k race was two laps of the course and over 750ft of elevation gain.
You may also want to watch:
Derek thoroughly enjoyed the race and crossed the finish line 45th out of 100 competitors in an impressive time of 1:19.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 8 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients