Sidmouth runner conquers the Totally Muddy 10k
- Credit: Archant
Weekend Mighty Green Mudlarker, Derek Blackburn, took part in the Totally Muddy 10k, writes Hamish Spence.
The 2020 version of the event certainly lived up to its name!
The Totally Muddy 5k and 10k took place in Ashcombe Forrest.
The 5k race set off first just before the 10k which guaranteed that the paths were very wet, muddy and churned up.
The 10k race was two laps of the course and over 750ft of elevation gain.
You may also want to watch:
Derek thoroughly enjoyed the race and crossed the finish line 45th out of 100 competitors in an impressive time of 1:19.
- 1 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 4 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 5 Football in support of mental health
- 6 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 7 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 8 Ottery St Mary Silver Band 'Centenary+1' fundraiser launched
- 9 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 10 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start