Sidmouth runner Jane Hemsworth first in age group at London Olympic Park 10k race
- Credit: Archant
The Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park 10k is an event run on the first Saturday of the month from October to March, writes Terry Bewes.
It is held in a phenomenal London location avoiding all road crossings.
It is a flat, three-lap race with a few tight turns and slight undulations taking in the Pringle, Arcelor Mittal Orbit and both sides of the river
It is a mixed ability race and all runners are welcome.
There were 567 entrants split roughly 50/50, male/female. Joining the start line wearing her ‘mighty green’ vest was Jane Hemsworth who completed the race in 51:03.
You may also want to watch:
That time saw her win first place in her age group and she was also 51st female overall.
The £15 entry was great value as at the finish you were given a great goody bag and a sparkly medal.
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 3 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 6 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 7 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
Jane said: “It was awesome to be there.”
So awesome in fact that she did not even go shopping!