Sidmouth runner Jane Hemsworth first in age group at London Olympic Park 10k race
- Credit: Archant
The Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park 10k is an event run on the first Saturday of the month from October to March, writes Terry Bewes.
It is held in a phenomenal London location avoiding all road crossings.
It is a flat, three-lap race with a few tight turns and slight undulations taking in the Pringle, Arcelor Mittal Orbit and both sides of the river
It is a mixed ability race and all runners are welcome.
There were 567 entrants split roughly 50/50, male/female. Joining the start line wearing her ‘mighty green’ vest was Jane Hemsworth who completed the race in 51:03.
You may also want to watch:
That time saw her win first place in her age group and she was also 51st female overall.
The £15 entry was great value as at the finish you were given a great goody bag and a sparkly medal.
- 1 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 4 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 5 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 6 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 7 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 8 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 9 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 10 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
Jane said: “It was awesome to be there.”
So awesome in fact that she did not even go shopping!