Sidmouth runner Kerry Boyle plots course to the London Marathon
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Running Club member Kerry Boyle is on schedule with both her tough training programme and fundraising plans for her London Marathon challenge, writes Monica Reed.
Kerry, who fits training in around being a mum and working as a GP, has been gaining community support in her challenge to raise £2,000 for The Institute of Cancer Research.
Kerry and her supporters have arranged a Charity Quiz and Auction to take place at the Woodlands Hotel on Saturday, February 24.
Kerry says: “We have some fantastic donations for the auction from generous local businesses, including tickets for Exeter Chiefs, a photo shoot at Willow studios, classes at Jala Flow and four balls at Sidmouth Golf Club.
“There’s a raffle too and loads of great prizes, including family days out and beauty and spa treatments. I’m still collecting prizes, so would ask that if anyone out there can help then they contact me with regard to a donation.”
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the event have almost sold out with some competitive spirit expected on the night.
Kerry says: “We have two teams from the running club, one from the rugby club, some parents and teachers from the local primary schools, the WI have a team and Claremont Medical Practice in Exmouth, where I work, will have a team.
- 1 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 4 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 5 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 6 Football in support of mental health
- 7 Ottery St Mary Silver Band 'Centenary+1' fundraiser launched
- 8 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 9 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 10 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
“It’s going to be fantastic fun watching them battle it out!”
Training for the London Marathon is also going well, despite the damp and dismal weather. Kerry will be running in Sidmouth Running Club’s ‘Four Trigs’ event this Sunday (February 11).
The final word then from Kerry ,who says: “It has been tough getting out with the dark mornings and the ground being so wet and muddy, but I’ve got up to 16 miles and I’m hoping that the ‘Four Trigs’ will be a good mental and leg strengthening event.”
If you want to sponsor Kerry, please visit her website https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/kerrypboyle or to contact her for more information or donations for her charity event https://www.facebook.com/KerryBoylerunsLondon/