Sidmouth runner Theo runs to new PB at Richmond Park half marathon
- Credit: Archant
It has been a very diverse week for the Mighty Green runners from Sidmouth Running Club with an outstanding half marathon time with a personal best to charity runs, obstacle runs and getting covered in paint, writes Terry Bewes.
The outstanding runner of the week would have to be Theo Burgess who has only recently come back running with the club following a bout of injury problems.
Theo travelled up to London to enter the RunThrough Richmond Park half marathon.
Gathering at the start, amongst the other runners he met Lorraine McNulty, a former club member, who now lives away.
This was the first time that the RunThrough organisation had organised a race in the incredible Richmond Park in 2017 and it was a sell-out.
You may also want to watch:
Theo said: “It was very interesting running through a park with herds of deer instead of fields of sheep and cows as I do around Sidmouth.”
It is a four lap race on the paths around the park and comes with chip timing on each lap so you can track how well you paced yourself.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 3 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 4 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 5 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 10 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
Theo’s lap times were remarkable; 22:05, 22:06, 22:58, and 21:51, giving him seventh place overall out of 385 finishers and third in his age group. And the icing on the cake was knocking five seconds off his personal best time to finish in 1:28:59. Theo, you did the club proud.