Sidmouth runners have a busy week
- Credit: Archant
It has been a busy week for members of Sidmouth Running Club, Terry Bewes.
Monday night’s communal run, where we all run together between four and five miles at a pace to suit those who attend was led by John Docherty.
John lives in Budleigh and has yet to get to grips with the road layout in Sidmouth for having run us up to the top of Boughmore Road in Bickwell Valley the locals informed him that it was a dead end.
Wednesday night is club night and is held at the Sailing Club and along with the usual two, four, and six plus runs it was the second week of the beginner’s course and it was good to see 14 new members turn up. The eight week course is taken by our England athletic qualified coaches and run leaders. Each week there are two in attendance with one changing each week.
Sunday morning saw Becky Robson take a group up to Higher Peak, across Muttersmoor through Harpford Woods and up to the top of Fire Beacon and back to the club.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile Terry Bewes led a group on a 9-mile run from Newton Poppleford up the river to Ottery St Mary, turning inland and up East Hill, across the top and back down through Harpford Woods.
The club will be entering the Blackdown Beast on Saturday (January 23). This is a self-navigation 17-mile run if you don’t get lost, over the Blackdown Hills.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 5 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 6 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 7 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 10 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
The Club always welcomes anyone interest in running.
See web site for details