Sidmouth runners tackle the ‘Killer’ Killerton Half, 10k and 5k events
- Credit: Archant
Four Sidmouth runners competed in The Killerton 10k race, writes Hamish Spence.
Antony and Kat Hall – who had only the very night before completed the Nightjar event – were joined at Killerton by David Skinner and Jane Hemsworth for this event.
This stunning off-road, multi-terrain 5k,10k, canicross and half marathon event takes place in the beautiful grounds of the National Trust estate at Killerton, also home to one of Exeter’s Parkruns.
There was a good mixture of terrain on the 10k, including fields, woodlands, some flat levels and a variety of hills…nearly 1000ft of inclines, keeping the route exciting and giving it the name of The Killer! With the ground still dry underfoot and a cooling but not cold breeze, conditions were perfect for the race.
Antony did remarkably well considering the previous evening’s race and the severity of this hilly route.
You may also want to watch:
He was very happy with taking second in age group and fifth over all, with a time of 48:59. (I trust you then rested, Antony!)
Jane Hemsworth completed the route in an impressive 1:04. Kat did really well with a 1:14:16, especially having also run the evening before!
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 8 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
She finished in 103rd out of 200 women. David Skinner took 1:22:09 and came in at the 275th position whilst wearing the competitor number 275…spooky!