Sidmouth runners take part in cross-country championships
- Credit: Archant
Five members of Sidmouth Running Club (SRC) took part in the South West Veterans Cross-country Championships held at Sidford, writes David Millen.
The race, which was hotly contested by a strong field of 50 runners all aged over 35, was over a 6km course comprising 3.5 laps around the rugby field, football fields, alongside the river and through a small section of woodland.
With the recent rains, parts of the course were very muddy, as befits a cross-country course, with a number of twists and turns.
First Sidmouth runner to finish was Naomi Garrick in a time of 32:39.
Naomi was closely followed by Rob Edwards in 33.04.
You may also want to watch:
Next to cross the line for Sidmouth was Christine Farnham, who picked up the prize for third lady in her age category, finishing in a time of 35:00. Completing the Sidmouth contingent were David Millen in 35:39 and Karen Farnham in 35:48.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 5 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 6 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 7 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 8 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 9 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 10 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way