Sidmouth runners take part in cross-country championships
- Credit: Archant
Five members of Sidmouth Running Club (SRC) took part in the South West Veterans Cross-country Championships held at Sidford, writes David Millen.
The race, which was hotly contested by a strong field of 50 runners all aged over 35, was over a 6km course comprising 3.5 laps around the rugby field, football fields, alongside the river and through a small section of woodland.
With the recent rains, parts of the course were very muddy, as befits a cross-country course, with a number of twists and turns.
First Sidmouth runner to finish was Naomi Garrick in a time of 32:39.
Naomi was closely followed by Rob Edwards in 33.04.
You may also want to watch:
Next to cross the line for Sidmouth was Christine Farnham, who picked up the prize for third lady in her age category, finishing in a time of 35:00. Completing the Sidmouth contingent were David Millen in 35:39 and Karen Farnham in 35:48.
- 1 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 4 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 5 Football in support of mental health
- 6 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 7 Ottery St Mary Silver Band 'Centenary+1' fundraiser launched
- 8 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 9 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 10 East Devon author launches satirical book