Sidmouth runners take part in cross-country championships
- Credit: Archant
Five members of Sidmouth Running Club (SRC) took part in the South West Veterans Cross-country Championships held at Sidford, writes David Millen.
The race, which was hotly contested by a strong field of 50 runners all aged over 35, was over a 6km course comprising 3.5 laps around the rugby field, football fields, alongside the river and through a small section of woodland.
With the recent rains, parts of the course were very muddy, as befits a cross-country course, with a number of twists and turns.
First Sidmouth runner to finish was Naomi Garrick in a time of 32:39.
Naomi was closely followed by Rob Edwards in 33.04.
You may also want to watch:
Next to cross the line for Sidmouth was Christine Farnham, who picked up the prize for third lady in her age category, finishing in a time of 35:00. Completing the Sidmouth contingent were David Millen in 35:39 and Karen Farnham in 35:48.
- 1 Making the most of our daily walks by the sea
- 2 Sidmouth musician to host 24hr virtual open mic for cancer charity
- 3 Diamonds are forever - Devon Communities Together launches 60th anniversary campaign
- 4 Speed limit trial will pave the way for safer Devon roads
- 5 Boohoo’s purchase of Arcadia group brands could provide a massive benefit for the High Street
- 6 Sidmouth Cricket Club building new partnerships
- 7 If you want something sorted then you better call Sal
- 8 Young people welcome to ‘Youthie’ on Zoom
- 9 It will be good to see Sidmouth town centre 'bustling again'
- 10 Business employment charity needs helping boost to continue