Sidmouth Running Club announces dates for beginners’ course 2019
- Credit: Archant
A report written in ‘The Times’ recently highlighted the benefits of running, writes Hamish Spence.
For instance, slowing down the ageing process; endurance running and high-intensity interval training, mixed with sprinting and jogging, slowed or even reversed a critical element of the ageing process.
Whilst endurance running and sprinting may not be your thing, regular exercise is a good life option.
Joining a club also gives you the benefit of social interaction while you run. With this in mind, Sidmouth Running Club will be holding their beginners’ course in the new year.
The first session will be on the second Wednesday of the month (January 9) and will run over a period of eight weeks, working towards running a continuous three miles by the end of the course.
You may also want to watch:
This year, for the first time, we are being sponsored by King’s Garden Centre, who will be presenting a coveted Mighty Green shirt to those that complete the course and 3-mile run.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 10 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford