Sidmouth Running Club Beginners Group, progressing at pace
- Credit: Archant
Having completed their three mile, non-stop run last Wednesday evening, Jane Stein, Nikki Gosney and Lee-Ann Thomas all received their three-mile certificates from head coach Tim Mitchell, writes hamish Spence.
They had no idea of the events that would unfold in the evening that lay ahead.
The three ladies ran with the beginners group to give moral support to the five other group members that were taking on the non-stop three mile challenge.
As the group headed along Livonia Road, one of the 'challengers' became unwell. So, with some quick thinking and without anyone stopping, Nikki made the very helpful call to lead the others in the group on around the route.
This enabled another five more members of the Beginners Group to complete the non-stop three mile course, while Jane, Lee-Ann and Terry looked after the casualty.
You may also want to watch:
Happily, it all turned out well and Terry said a sincere thanks to our three new members who absolutely embody our ethos at SRC.
Without their quick thinking, the evenings attempt would have been thwarted.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 8 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients