Sidmouth Running Club Boxing Day run enjoyed by all
- Credit: Archant
Putting a day of excess behind them or in some cases in front of them, 22 members of Sidmouth Running Club turned out for the traditional Boxing Day run, writes Terry Bewes.
It was good to catch up with some members who were home from University and Andy Shearer who had left the sun and dust of rural Spain for the rain and mud of our beloved valley.
The course was not too demanding, taking in the Byes to Fortescue, up Griggs Lane and Soldier’s Hill across the top of Salcombe Hill to the Frog Stone and back down to the esplanade in time for the swim.
Most runners managed to stay upright in the slippery sections with the exception of Gail Goldsmith who seemed to spend most of the time on her bottom; she was last seen heading to the sales for a pair of off road shoes!
Don’t forget the Beginners Course starts on January 6, at 7pm from the Sailing Club and anyone who enjoys running is welcome at what we consider to be a friendly club.
You may also want to watch:
If anyone has any enquiries then they can call Colin on 01395 578436.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 9 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 10 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford