Sidmouth Running Club duo complete the Two Moors Ultra event
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Running Club duo David Chipping and Jim Forrer took part in the Drogo Ultra, writes Hamish Spence.
This run was part of the Two Moors Ultra, which consists of the 100-miler, 50-miler, and 35-miler.
David and Jim tackled the 35-miler. Due to this event being a self navigating ultra, it turned into a 38.2-miler and, just as impressively, it was 4,888ft of elevation.
Aside from the stunning scenery, the guys were accompanied for almost the entire run by British legendary fell runner Nicky Spinks, who was recovering from her UTMR attempt a few weeks ago by running the 38 miles through Dartmoor.
Nicky proved to be a fantastic running partner, providing tips, tricks and some added motivation throughout the race. Els, Charlotte and accompanying children provided support and encouragement midway through the race and on the finish line
You may also want to watch:
The pair finished in just over seven hours and 28 minutes with only minor injuries!
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 3 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 4 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 5 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 8 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth