Sidmouth Running Club duo complete the Umborne Ug
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Running Club members Karen and Christine Farnham lined up with 81 other runners on the first day of July to take part in the hilly multi-terrain 10km Umbourne Ug.
This is a tough race that takes runners through some beautiful landscape in the East Devon countryside.
The Umborn Ug is an annual race that seeks to raise money for the village hall wellbeing fund.
With the torrential rain completely avoiding Umbourne before the race, conditions underfoot were still dry and certainly hard.
However, during the race there was some light drizzle causing higher humidity which simply served to make the going even tougher!
You may also want to watch:
Having almost completed the course, and with a last minute dash to the finish, Karen just ‘pipped’ Christine to the finish line, coming in 54th in a time of 65:36.
Christine crossed the line just three seconds later, finishing 55th in a time of 65:39.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat