Sidmouth Running Club forced to cancel the 2020 ‘JP’s Exe to Axe’ meeting
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Sidmouth Running Club have very reluctantly had to cancel one of the year’s big racing events and it’s yet another casualty of the on-going Coronavirus pandemic.
The ‘JP’s Exe to Axe’ meeting was meant to have been run earlier this year in March, but organisers decided to put it back to later in the year, in the hope that the pandemic might have eased.
Sadly, that is not the case and so the 2020 race will not now take place.
The club announced on their website: ‘Having gone through the guidelines, we have had to face the fact that we would not be able to make the race Covid-19 secure, either for competitors and their families, for the many helpers and volunteers, or for the general public.
‘All entrants will have received an email from SiEntries informing them of their options for either deferring to next year or to receive a full refund.’
You may also want to watch:
The next running of JP’s Exe to Axe will be on Sunday, March 28, 2021.
For all the latest news on all things Sidmouth Running Club www.sidmouthrunningclub.co.uk
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 New team on frontline for mental health care and support