Sidmouth Running Club Friday Group going from strength to strength
- Credit: Archant
The East Devon Friday Running Group was borne out of the very successful Friday Group led for many years by Brian Gosling who unfortunately has had to retire from running owing to injury, writes Terry Bewes.
However, this has given him more time to put to his other passion of chess.
The group is now led by John Chesters a member of Sidmouth Running Club, who also has a well know reputation in the field of hashing along with his wife Ruth and son Ben, with all three being found at events all over the country.
The group of runners who meet every Friday morning at 10am at various venues in East Devon run mostly off-road between four and six miles.
The pace is moderate and all types of runners are welcome and no one gets left behind.
You may also want to watch:
New members are always welcome and if you would like to join just turn up and introduce yourself and off you go to enjoy the delights of this beautiful valley and maybe enjoy a coffee at the finish. Details of the meeting venues can be found on their website: eastdevonfridayrun.wordpress.com/
- 1 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 5 The annual Marriott Trophy at Sidmouth Town Football Club
- 6 The questions of British Lions selection
- 7 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 8 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services