Sidmouth Running Club hold a carol singing party run
- Credit: Archant
The Wednesday before Christmas proved to be the ideal time for Sidmouth Running Club’s weekly evening meeting group to combine running with carol singing, writes Hamish Spence.
Of the two running groups, one did a more serious six mile route and the other took a more leisurely three and a bit mile run with a carol singing tour around the town!
We called on some ex-members and friends of the club giving our best rendition of ‘Oh Come All Ye Faithful’ and ‘Silent Night’.
There were more songs sung at various points, and, as we ran past the Fields Department Store, a couple out for a walk received a perfected version of ‘Jingle Bells’.
The last leg saw the group run on to the Kingswood and Deboran Hotel on the seafront where we ‘Wished A Merry Christmas’ to the town council as they were waiting for the Christmas Pudding to be served.
You may also want to watch:
We think they enjoyed our efforts as there was plenty of applause after we had completed the song.
Having rung, and sung, it was back to Port Royal for our Christmas get together with food, drinks, a quiz and raffle.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 10 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
After the raffle, Jo Earlam presented, on behalf of the club, for all the hard work done by chairman Terry Bewes, a T-shirt with ‘Captain Terry, King of the Mighty Greens’ emblazoned upon it.