Sidmouth Running Club latest – Sunday morning on the common
- Credit: Archant
Last Sunday’s Sidmouth Running Club (SRC) training route took an enthusiastic group of 16 Sidmouth runners and two very keen dogs on a trek over Woodbury common, writes Hamish Spence.
This particular session was in preparation for the Bicton Blister race, which takes place next Sunday (November 25).
They met about a mile away from Bicton College and headed out onto the common, keeping as close to the Blister route as memory served.
For the first mile, Terry Bewes led the group on to the beautiful pebble-bed common in the warm Autumn sunshine.
The group made their way over to Warren Car Park where there will be a water stop on the day.
You may also want to watch:
They then edged around the common, through some woodland and back to where they had started from.
All in all, it was a very useful morning out, checking and acclimatising to eight of the miles that the race takes on the day.
- 1 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 2 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 3 'I feel that front line workers should be vaccinated as soon as possible'
- 4 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 5 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 6 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 7 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 8 How the Beeching Report signalled the end of the line for many local railways
- 9 Tar Barrel Night paintings will help keep the event rolling
- 10 'We are passionate about involving young people in planning'
With precision timing they even got back in time to observe a minutes silence, in respect to those that fell for our country.