Sidmouth Running Club latest – Sunday morning on the common
- Credit: Archant
Last Sunday’s Sidmouth Running Club (SRC) training route took an enthusiastic group of 16 Sidmouth runners and two very keen dogs on a trek over Woodbury common, writes Hamish Spence.
This particular session was in preparation for the Bicton Blister race, which takes place next Sunday (November 25).
They met about a mile away from Bicton College and headed out onto the common, keeping as close to the Blister route as memory served.
For the first mile, Terry Bewes led the group on to the beautiful pebble-bed common in the warm Autumn sunshine.
The group made their way over to Warren Car Park where there will be a water stop on the day.
You may also want to watch:
They then edged around the common, through some woodland and back to where they had started from.
All in all, it was a very useful morning out, checking and acclimatising to eight of the miles that the race takes on the day.
- 1 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 2 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 3 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 4 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 5 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 6 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 7 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 8 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 9 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
With precision timing they even got back in time to observe a minutes silence, in respect to those that fell for our country.