Sidmouth Running Club members out in force for Parkrun action
- Credit: Archant
Once again, our Sidmouth Running Club dedicated Parkrun runners have been out in force at various events around the country, writes Terry Bewes.
David Skinner travelled north to Newcastle-under-Lyme to take part in the Wammy Parkrun.
This was originally an industrial site in the 18th and 19th centuries and the run is an out and back on the route of what was an industrial railway.
The course gets its name from a huge 32-ton hammer at the old iron works that made such a noise (wham wham) that the name stuck. David completed his latest Parkrun in a time of 32:18.
Ann Cole travelled to Winchester and ran superbly, landing a new personal best (PB), with her time being 35:02.
You may also want to watch:
Closer to home, Beccy Johnson and her daughter Isla, travelled to Mid Devon to take part in the Killerton Parkrun. Beccy completed the run in a time of 39:08 and Isla finished a stride ahead of her in 39:07.
Our only runner at the latest Seaton Parkrun was Sarah Powell, who finished the run in 35:06. There was a big contingent that journeyed across to Exmouth where the new PBs went to: Sam Ingram (21:41), Steve Saunders (23:46), Sarah Browne (28:02), Nikita Kay (29:03) and Alex Baker (33:43).
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 5 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 7 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 A couple of new starts for Ottery Bowling Club
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
Other members at Seaton were: John Sharples (25:13), Sarah Clapham (26:09) and Lesley Miszewska (34:57).