Sidmouth Running Club pair tackle the Sibelco Dartmoor Vale Half Marathon
- Credit: Archant
Two of Sidmouth Running Clubs newest members, Louise and Steve Saunders smartly kitted out in their newly acquired Mighty Green Vest couldn’t wait to test them out in a race, so off they went to the Sibelco Dartmoor Vale Half Marathon, writes Terry Bewes.
This is a road race organised by the Rotary Club of Dartmoor Vale.
The start and finish is at Sibelco, East Gold Works, Newton Abbot. The run heads out to Kingsteignton on to Chudleigh Knighton then into Chudleigh and back to Newton Abbot.
There is also a marathon which is another lap and a 10k race.
Both were pleased to come in within two hours as it was rather a hilly course. Steve came home in 1:59:50 and Louise in 1:59:51.
You may also want to watch:
There were 197 finishers.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 5 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 6 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 7 Festival will bring a much-needed boost to the town
- 8 East Devon's new homes debate divides residents' opinions
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge