Sidmouth Running Club - Parkrun August round-up
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Running Club members have been taking part in various Parkruns of late, writes Hamish Spence.
Steve Saunders recommends the nice flat Riverside Park Run of Exeter.
At the latest one, Steve clocked a time of 25:39 which saw him get close to the head of the queue for a coffee at one of the many cafes on the quayside.
Emma Grainger managed a new personal best (PB), with her time being 32:20. Emma felt that although the Exeter Parkrun was a flat one, it was a tougher test than the Killerton run.
One thing that the Killerton Parkrun most certainly can lay claim to is that it takes place in stunning surroundings and Paula Farrend, Bert Dykema and his sister Freddie, who was visiting from the Netherlands, took part in the latest run, one that takes runners around the beautiful Killerton Park.
You may also want to watch:
It was pebble action for Julia Haddrell, who took part in the Seaton Parkrun where she clocked a time of 35:11.
David Skinner continued to add to his ‘alphabet collection’, bagging himself the letter ‘Y’ when he completed the run at Yeovil’s Montacute House, an undulating run and he also recently chalked off the letter ‘I’ completing the run at Inverness in Scotland.
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 5 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 8 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 9 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey
- 10 Rain ruins the cricketing weekend