Sidmouth Running Club’s 2017 ‘Mighty Green Challenge’ gets first submissions
- Credit: Archant
Justin Ashby’s 10k training course is starting to show results after only a few weeks with a number of personal best (PB) times being recorded, writes Terry Bewes.
Paula Farrand only started running a year ago and by her own admission took the Forest Gump approach to it.
Now after two sessions, and lots of advice on technique from Justin, at the latest ParkRun not only did she record a PB time of 22:47, but was also the second lady home.
Julia Haddrell also at a Park Run recorded a PB of 36:08.
Lydia Mansi not content with recording a PB over 7k of 47:24 also took her training over to France with her family.
You may also want to watch:
Running a two-miler with her children she then let then rest while she did some hill reps much to the amusement of the locals.
Entries have started to come in for this year’s Mighty Green Challenges.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 5 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 8 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
Danny Painter fresh from his relaxing run as back marker at the recent Exe to Axe race took on a harder challenge by bobbing around the peaks enjoying the sun, clouds and gale force winds.
He arrived at the top of Moel Siabod, Snowdonia in what can only be described as horrendous conditions especially in his Mighty Green shirt.
Meanwhile taking a much more relaxed approach Monica Read submitted a photo of the Mighty Green enjoying the sun in Puglia, Italy, much more sensible!