Sidmouth Running Club’s Cheryl turns up the heat on half marathon training
- Credit: Archant
With just four weeks to go until the Exeter Half Marathon, Sidmouth Running Club (SRC) member Cheryl Boulton has turned the heat up on her training schedule.
Last Sunday she undertook an 11-mile run from a starting point in Sidford.
Fortunately, she had Carolyn Sinclair with her for the first six-and-a-half miles.
It is always helpful to have someone else with you when training, so this was very welcome company.
Cheryl is looking forward to the forthcoming half marathon as it will be her first since 2015, after which she suffered a running injury that kept her out of the sport for over a year.
You may also want to watch:
She has since been slowly building up her strength back to 5k distances on her own. It was only as recently as July 2018 that she joined SRC.
She now looks forward to taking part in events wearing The Mighty Green shirt. We wish her the best of luck getting fit enough for the Exeter half marathon.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 6 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 7 Run for donkeys in the world’s biggest marathon
- 8 Festival will bring a much-needed boost to the town
- 9 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 10 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17