Sidmouth Running Club’s Cheryl turns up the heat on half marathon training
- Credit: Archant
With just four weeks to go until the Exeter Half Marathon, Sidmouth Running Club (SRC) member Cheryl Boulton has turned the heat up on her training schedule.
Last Sunday she undertook an 11-mile run from a starting point in Sidford.
Fortunately, she had Carolyn Sinclair with her for the first six-and-a-half miles.
It is always helpful to have someone else with you when training, so this was very welcome company.
Cheryl is looking forward to the forthcoming half marathon as it will be her first since 2015, after which she suffered a running injury that kept her out of the sport for over a year.
You may also want to watch:
She has since been slowly building up her strength back to 5k distances on her own. It was only as recently as July 2018 that she joined SRC.
She now looks forward to taking part in events wearing The Mighty Green shirt. We wish her the best of luck getting fit enough for the Exeter half marathon.
- 1 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 4 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 5 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 6 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 7 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 8 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank