Sidmouth Running Club’s Trig Training sessions going well
- Credit: Archant
The Sidmouth Running Club Trig Training is well under way as the countdown continues to the annual Four Trigs meeting in three weeks’ time, writes Hamish Spence.
Club chairman Terry Bewes led the Sunday social group on a route that took in three of the four trigs; Buckton, Beacon and High Peak trig points.
The promised 10-mile route turned into a tough 13-mile jaunt with a total climb of 2100ft!
There was some extra drama involving a rogue thorn bush and Terry on the way up High Peak.
Monica Read administered expert care and removed the offending thorns and Terry had the last say on the wellbeing of the offending shrub!
You may also want to watch:
Let’s just say that it was another club win and The Mighty Green King prevailed.
Tim Mitchell took the fast group of four runners on a ‘three trigs and a whiff of one more’ route, clocking up a massive 2765 feet of elevation gain. They covered 16 miles in a time of 2:46:26 which represents some fast running!
- 1 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 2 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 3 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 4 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 5 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 8 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!