Sidmouth Running Club sign up 200th member of the year – a new record
- Credit: Archant
The recent bank holiday Monday evening saw a historic moment in the history of Sidmouth Running Club as chairman Terry Bewes was able to welcome the 200th fully paid-up member this year, to the club, writes Hamish Spence.
This came around after several weeks of an anticipated landmark point for Sidmouth Running Club.
The 200th member is Kat Hall, who has been running alone for a while and had been put off from joining a club, out of fear of being left behind!
However, he husband Antony, a club member and marathon runner, kept telling her how the club supported runners off all ages and abilities.
He encouraged her to give it a try and, on Monday evening, she did.
You may also want to watch:
Kat was at Joney’s Cross where she linked up with 17 other club members for a five-mile run over Alyesbere Common led by John and Ben Chesters.
After the evening run, Kat said that she had really enjoyed it, had received a warm welcome from all and was now looking forward to running regularly with the club. She thanked all present for the flowers and wine presented to her to mark the occasion. The Sidmouth Running club is a friendly club, has an inclusive outlook giving encouragement and support to all no matter what the running ability of the individual. Terry offers an open invitation to all those who will be running the streets of Sidmouth during the winter months, whether they run alone or with others.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 6 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 A couple of new starts for Ottery Bowling Club
Why not come along and try a couple of evening runs with the club on either a Monday or Wednesday 7pm from the sailing club. A new term of midweek running begins on Monday, September 17.