Sidmouth Running Club trio tackle the Templer Ten
- Credit: Archant
Wind rain and general murkiness did not stop three members of Sidmouth Running Club from competing in the Templer Ten, writes Hamish Spence.
This 10-mile race is predominantly an off-road, on tracks and trails cross country event, organised by Teignbridge Trotters Running Club.
Twins Karen and Christine Farnham, along with John Doherty, all clad in their Mighty Greens, lined up in the grounds of Stover School near Newton Abbott.
At 11am they set off out into the countryside and headed for Stover Park and the fields of Teigngrace.
With the windy and wet conditions the route was muddy and slippery. All three did well with Christine finishing second in the FV55 category in 1:32:35, giving her the 168th place over all, followed shortly after by sister Karen who attained a time of 1:32:46 for 171st place finish. John, who had now completed this race five times, managed a spritely 224th position in a time of 1:44:16.
You may also want to watch:
There was a very good turnout of competitors with 268 finishers.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 3 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 4 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 5 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 6 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 7 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 8 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 9 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 10 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project