Sidmouth Running Club trio tackle the Templer Ten
- Credit: Archant
Wind rain and general murkiness did not stop three members of Sidmouth Running Club from competing in the Templer Ten, writes Hamish Spence.
This 10-mile race is predominantly an off-road, on tracks and trails cross country event, organised by Teignbridge Trotters Running Club.
Twins Karen and Christine Farnham, along with John Doherty, all clad in their Mighty Greens, lined up in the grounds of Stover School near Newton Abbott.
At 11am they set off out into the countryside and headed for Stover Park and the fields of Teigngrace.
With the windy and wet conditions the route was muddy and slippery. All three did well with Christine finishing second in the FV55 category in 1:32:35, giving her the 168th place over all, followed shortly after by sister Karen who attained a time of 1:32:46 for 171st place finish. John, who had now completed this race five times, managed a spritely 224th position in a time of 1:44:16.
You may also want to watch:
There was a very good turnout of competitors with 268 finishers.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 6 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 7 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 8 Demand for properties in Sidmouth is high as South West becomes more desirable
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box