Sidmouth running duo complete the Delicious Dart Trail event
- Credit: Archant
The Delicious Dart Trail is described as a food fest on the run, writes Debbie Marriott.
It covers a distance of 15-miles starting at Dartington and following the river to Dartmouth and along the way runners are provided with an overwhelming supply of beer, wine, liqueurs, savouries and puddings.
Fancy dress is encouraged and obviously an early start was required. The first job though was to transform ourselves into Shrek ‘n Fiona.
Then followed the drive to Dartmouth to catch the bus from the park’n’ride car park at the leisure centre back to the start of the run at Dartington.
On the upper deck we were confronted by a flock of Bo Peep’s sheep who had come to run the event all the way from Newport, South Wales.
You may also want to watch:
After a taster breakfast at the start consisting of organic Tideford porridge, we set off at 10am and 15-miles of running later, interspersed with plentiful food and drink stops, two ferry crossings and a slight dilution of make-up we made it to the finish.
It was certainly a great fun, calorie positive event supporting a great charity for children across the UK.
- 1 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 6 The annual Marriott Trophy at Sidmouth Town Football Club
- 7 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 The questions of British Lions selection
- 10 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
Watch out for the Delicious Exe trail on June 13.