Sidmouth’s Cooks continue to dine at the top table as Section Three final is reached.
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth have had a week of celebration with another great win for the club, writes Susie Bonnell.
The ‘deadly duo’ - Ron and Sylvia Cook - dug deep in their latest engagement.
It was a Section Three Mixed Pairs encounter with Madeira, Exmouth, pairing Lynn and Martin Eveleigh of the Madeira club that took place at Sidmouth on Monday evening of this week.
The Cooks dropped two lots of three shots in the first few rounds, but fought back to be eight-all on the eighth end. By the 15th end the Cooks were two down, but picked up a solid five points.
From that point there was no turning back and the Cooks ended the contest 22-16 victors.
You may also want to watch:
It all means that they now head into the Section Three final tonight (Friday, July 25) which will be played again at Sidmouth.
In opposition will be the Honiton duo of Sue Evans and Liam Crawford.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 8 Run for donkeys in the world’s biggest marathon
- 9 Festival will bring a much-needed boost to the town
- 10 East Devon's new homes debate divides residents' opinions
Well done, Ron and Sylvia and the very best of luck in the section final.