Sidmouth’s county successes
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Indoor Bowling Club has yet more success to report in county competitions, write Marian and Maurice Watson.
In the ladies’ fours the Sidmouth team of Marian Watson, Sue Mison, Zena Johnson and skip Jill Bishop overcame a team from Honiton comprising four county players.
Taking an early lead and then consolidating by scoring five shots on one end, they came out worthy winners.
The county inter-club competition provided the men’s success over a team from South Hams.
Rinks were shared, one each both home and away, but the total shots scored, 79-67, gave Sidmouth the game.
You may also want to watch:
The best result came from the winning team playing away, Maurice Watson, Peter Mison, Mike Reader and skip Peter Clements.
The ladies entertained the president of the Devon County Ladies Indoor Bowling Association, Mrs Jean Ward, and her team and a very competitive game was enjoyed by both sides.
- 1 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 5 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 8 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey
- 9 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
The home team won by a narrow margin thanks to Jean Brimson, Beryl Sparkes, Paddy Wrench and skip Dreda Taylor who had a convincing win on their rink.
A men’s team had less success when three rinks travelled to Axminster for a friendly game and lost narrowly on all rinks and overall by nine shots.