Sidmouth’s Creasy team net double
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth’s Creasy team were engaged in two matches within three days at the end of June, their final two group stage fixtures.
Both were at home with Sidmouth first defeating Stover 6-1 before securing a 5-2 win over Axe Cliff.
Whilst this was a satisfying finish to the group matches it will not be good enough to see the team qualify for the quarter-final knockout stage.
Creasy captain, Andrea Milton, thanked all the ladies who played in the team this year for their continued support of the event and wished for more success next year.
The Sidmouth ladies weekly competition was due to be a County Prize par competition this week, but, after playing only a few holes, the competition had to be abandoned due to rain and poor visibility.
You may also want to watch:
Everyone agreed to donate their competition entry fee to the captain’s charity, Hospiscare, and returned to the clubhouse to dry off!
- 1 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 6 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 7 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 8 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 9 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 10 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal