Sidmouth’s croquet players showing a need of improvement!
- Credit: Archant
The latest match in the South West Federation Golf Croquet Level Play League saw a team from Sidmouth Croquet Club play against a side from East Dorset at Parkstone near Poole last Sunday, writes Graeme Pryor.
Against very strong opposition of good calibre players, the Sidmouth team provided little serious competition.
At the end of the morning session East Dorset had won all four doubles games and four singles games.
Sidmouth’s fortunes in the afternoon session of 12 singles games improved slightly when four of these games were won by Ian Friedlander, Tony Dustan-Smith, Ian Simpson and Keith Thorley. However, despite those successes, the final result was a decisive 16-4 win for East Dorset.
This is the first year Sidmouth Croquet Club has entered a team in this level play league.
You may also want to watch:
So far, with four matches played, Sidmouth has only managed one win and clearly there is room for improvement!
- 1 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 2 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 3 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 4 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 5 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 8 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!